Current Affairs Today 29th and 30th December 2019
Dear Readers,Next Current Affairs here to provide Current Affairs Today 29th and 30th December 2019. Which covers the important national, international news, banking awareness, business news, financial news, etc.
Current Affairs Today 29th and 30th December 2019
Odisha govt launches online platform for issuance of certificates
- Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Saturday launched the online platform for the issuance of income certificate, residence certificate, caste certificate and all miscellaneous certificates without any fees and on the basis of self-certification.
- Also, the system of asking for the Solvency certificate by the departments has been done away with. No Department shall ask for Solvency certificate. The provisional selection, applicants shall be called upon to produce certificates like Caste, Resident, etc. for scrutiny and final selection.
Odisha Governor: Ganeshi Lal
Recently Odisha in News
- Odisha Government has decided to set up 45 fast track courts to expedite the trial of cases relating to women and children.
- Chief Minister of Odisha has launched a smart learning phone application ‘MadhuApp’ for school children.
- National Tribal Craft Mela- 2019 held in Bhubaneswar.
Hemant Soren sworn in as 11th CM of Jharkhand
- Jharkhand Mukti Morcha leader Hemant Soren took oath as the 11th Chief Minister of Jharkhand on December 29, 2019. Governor of Jharkhand Droupadi Murmu has administered the oath of office and secrecy to Soren.
- This is the second time that Soren has taken oath as the chief minister of the tribal state.
- Alamgir Alam and Rameshwar Oraon of the Congress and Satyanand Bhogta, the lone RJD legislator, also took oath along with Soren.
Recently Jharkhand in News
- Jharkhand’s Mahuamilan station becomes country’s 5500th station to get free wifi facility.
- PM inaugurates Multi-Modal Cargo Terminal at Sahibganj, Jharkhand.
General Bipin Rawat named country’s first Chief of Defence Staff
- Indian Army chief General Bipin Rawat has been appointed as India’s 1st Chief of Defence Staff (CDS).
- Chief of Defence Staff will be a 4-star General, the principal military advisor to the defence minister, and will head the new Department of Military Affairs.
- The defence ministry had recently amended the army, air force and navy rules by bringing in a new clause that allows the Chief of Defence Staff to serve up to a maximum age of 65 years.
Finance Minister launches ‘eBkray’ online auction platform
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman launched an online auction platform named “eBkray” in New Delhi in order to increase transparency in auctioning of assets attached by banks.
- The eBkray platform enables the online auction of the attached assets transparently and cleanly for the improved realization of value by the Public Sector banks.
Russia deploys first Avangard hypersonic missiles
- Russian military deployed its first regiment of hypersonic nuclear-capable missiles officially into service.
- The new missile system, called Avangard, is equipped with hypersonic glide vehicle (HGV), placed on top of intercontinental ballistic missile, and can hit almost any point in the world.
- The direction of this missile can be changed even in the air. It caught the speed of Mach 27, which is equivalent to about 33,000 KMPH, during the test. This is the first of its kind missile in the world.
HDFC Life ties up with Paytm to expand its distribution
- HDFC Life Insurance partners with Paytm to expand its distribution to its customers.
- The main objective is to enable customers of Paytm to purchase insurance products from HDFC Life. The company increases the insurance penetration in India and to simplify the customer experience right from the purchase to the claim process.
NASA astronaut Christina Koch sets record for longest single spaceflight by woman
- NASA Astronaut Christina Koch has created a record for longest single spaceflight by a woman, after surpassing the earlier record of 288 days in space which was previously established by NASA astronaut Peggy Whitson.
- Christina Koch still has six weeks to go before returning to Earth from the International Space Station (ISS). When she arrives back on Earth in February 2020, the Expedition 61 Flight Engineer will have spent more than 300 days in space.
India may overtake Germany to become 4th largest economy in 2026
- India is expected to become the fourth largest economy by 2026 and the third largest by 2034, according to a report by UK-based Centre for Economics and Business Research (CEBR).
- CEBR stated that India is also set to reach a GDP of $5 trillion by 2026, 2 years later than the current government target. The report said that Japan, Germany and India will battle for third position over the next 15 years.
S Gurumurthy releases book titled Politics of Opportunism
- Noted Economist and Political Analyst S Gurumurthy released a book titled Politics of Opportunism written by R P N Singh in New Delhi.
- The book throws light on the subject related to rise of regional parties and Centre-States relation.
H K Joshi appointed as new CMD of Shipping Corporation of India
- Smt. H K Joshi has been appointed as the Chairperson & Managing Director (CMD) of Shipping Corporation of India.
Shipping Corporation of India
- It is a Government of India Public Sector Enterprise that operates and manages vessels that services both national and international lines.
- headquarters: Mumbai
BCCI to honour Krish Srikkanth, Anjum Chopra with CK Nayudu Lifetime Achievement Awards
- Former India captains Krishnamachari Srikkanth and Anjum Chopra are set to be given this year’s CK Nayudu Lifetime Award given by the BCCI.
- Srikkanth, a member of the 1983 World Cup winning team, represented India between 1981 to 1992. The 42-year-old Anjum is one of India’s finest batswomen before Mithali Raj. A left-hander, Anjum played 12 Tests scoring 548 runs.