Current Affairs Today 3rd January 2020
Dear Readers, Current Affairs is the most important section of every competitive exam, So Next Current Affairs here to provide Current Affairs Today 3rd January 2020. Which covers the important national, international news, banking awareness, business news, financial news.
Current Affairs Today 3rd January 2020
Ritualistic festival ‘Lai Haraoba’ begins in Tripura
- The ritualistic festival Lai Haraoba observed by Manipuri meitei communities since ancient times, began in Agartala, Tripura.
- The festival is celebrated through oral literature, music, dance and rituals, Several Manipuri martial arts, folk music and dances are performed during the festival.
Some festival in News
- National Tribal Dance Festival held in Raipur
- Military Literature Festival 2019 held in Chandigarh
- Orange Festival was held in Manipur
- Mandu Festival is being taking place at Mandu in Madhya Pradesh
Indian Railways launches integrated helpline number 139 for passengers
- The Indian Railways has integrated its helpline numbers into a single number – 139 for quick grievance redressal and enquiries by passengers during their train journeys.
- The new helpline number 139 will take over all the existing helpline numbers.
- The Helpline 139 will be available in twelve languages.
Recently Indian Railways In news
- The Indian Railways has started the Him Darshan Express train between Kalka and Shimla.
- ADB to provide USD 750 million loan to India for railway track electrification project.
- Indian railways has installed the first ever ‘Atmospheric Water Generator’ kiosk named Meghdoot at Secunderabad.
Gujarat CM Vijay Rupani unveils World’s 2nd tallest statue of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel in Gujarat
- Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani unveiled the world’s 2nd largest statue of Sardar vallabhbhai Patel in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
- The 50 feet tall bronze statue with a weight of 70 thousand kilograms unveiled at the Sardardham campus near the Vaishnodevi Circle in Ahmedabad.
- The statue of Sardar Patel has also been designed by Padma Bhusan Ram V. Sutar, the same sculptor who had designed the Statue of Unity.
WHO designated 2020 as International Year of the Nurse and Midwife
- World Health Organization designated 2020 as the Year of the Nurse and the Midwife to honour the 200th birth anniversary of Florence Nightingale.
- Florence Nightingale was an English Social reformer born in 1820. She was called “The Lady with the Lamp” for making rounds on wounded soldiers.
- Founded: 1948
- Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland.
- Director General: Tedros Adhanom
Telangana govt declared 2020 as year of artificial intelligence (AI)
14th Global Healthcare Summit will be held at Visakhapatnam in 2021
- Visakhapatnam will host the prestigious three-day 14th Global Healthcare Summit from January 3, 2021.
- The focus of the Global Health Summit is an Indian-centric approach, with special events such as global impact and India’s contribution in providing cost-effective medicines and addressing the shortage of healthcare professionals.
- It has been organized by the American Association of Physicians of Indian Origin (AAPI), and this summit around 500 Doctors from the US, Australia, Britain will be participating.
UPSRTC launches ‘Damini’ helpline service for women safety
- UPSRTC (Uttar Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation) has launched ‘Damini’ helpline service aimed at providing security and assistance to the women travelling in the buses.
- The helpline service called ‘Damini’ (8114277777) which is a calling and a WhatsApp service for the safety of women.
Recently UP in News
- Uttar Pradesh has set up a vulture conservation and breeding centre in the Maharajganj district.
- Uttar Pradesh has topped the overall crimes against children, as per latest CRY Report.
- Uttar Pradesh won the National Award of Excellence for rehabilitation of persons with disabilities.
- Uttar Pradesh government has changed the name of Naugarh railway station to Siddhartha Nagar railway station.
- India’s first university for transgender community to come up in UP’s Kushinagar
Pragati Maidan metro station renamed as Supreme Court metro station
- The Delhi government’s naming committee announced that Pragati Maidan metro station will be renamed as the Supreme Court metro station.
- The committee has also decided to rename Mukarba Chowk on Delhi’s Outer Ring Road and its flyover after Kargil war martyr Captain Vikram Batra and MB Road as Acharya Sri Mahapragya Marg and the Lajpat Nagar flyover as Shri Jhulelal Setu.
Railway Protection Force renamed as Indian Railway Protection Force Service
- The Railways Ministry has renamed Railway Protection Force (RPF) as Indian Railway Protection Force Service.
- The ministry has also accorded Group A status to RPF and renamed it.
- The RPF was formed under the Railway Protection Force Act, 1957.
Union Railway Minister: Piyush Goyal
ISRO to set up second launch port in Thoothukodi district of TN
- Indian Space Research Organisation will establish a second launch port in Thoothukodi district in Tamilnadu exclusively to launch small satellite launch vehicles.
- ISRO Chairman K Sivan informed that this will come up in 2300 acres. The line of GPS navigation system developed by America, the Indian navigation system called Navic with the indigenous atomic clock, will be operational with mobile phone manufacturers coming forward to install the regional navigation device.
- Established: 1969
- Headquarters: Bengaluru
- Chairman: K.Sivan